- Jim Kirwan
- This morning Bush went back to the microphones to again trash the public for failing to approve of his strong-arm plan to bailout his buddies and to screw the people. ‘Politics must be kept out of this’ has been the constant refrain from the bunch of pretenders who appointed themselves to fix this problem. But “Politics” is not about democrats and republicans it’s about what people think, and it’s about anything that will directly impact the real and long-term futures or millions of ordinary people. What these criminals fail to understand is that: “The act of breathing is political!”
- Overlooked in the dictator’s tirade was the fact that the negotiations in Washington are only between the White House, the congress and the Corporate Oligarchs that created this fiasco: Their ‘conversations’ and this legislation have shut-out the public; especially those that have everything to lose. Bush said again that he was trying to reach the American people and to get them to ‘get them on board’ as if the public could still be asleep. What is clear is that the public wants this problem solved; they simply do not believe that there is anything in this giveaway to the criminal-establishment that will change anything about their lives: except to make everything worse, for them.
- This triad of criminals that are negotiating with themselves have all underestimated the public that has been bleeding badly since Cheney-Bush stole their first election. And now that the last act of this Coup has arrived, the public has finally drawn their-own line in the sand because they have realized that unless the public is ‘bailed-out’ they will die! There will also be no one left to do anything to create the huge profits which the criminals are fighting over. The Bushwhacker gave himself away when he said “it doesn’t matter how legislation gets done” because it does matter, greatly.
- Bush went on about how ‘this ‘failure’ will affect job creation and the availability of credit to start new businesses and it would affect credit card rates and the savings of ordinary people’ and basically that by not agreeing to this blackmail of the public by the same people that created the crisis: the public would be hurting themselves. Bush failed to remember that there are no jobs creation programs, we have no opportunities, and that the banks and their owners have been playing Russian roulette with interest rates throughout the last eight years! There are millions of people in need of intervention now, to save their homes, to avoid bankruptcy, and to be able to keep a job to be able to feed their families. None of which this Paulson-Bernanke-Bush Slush-Fund for the rich will do.
- Government’s job is to provide for the needs of the country-in this instance that would involve real and immediate help to those who lost everything because the government allowed these financial goons to play fast and lose with every rule of law and commerce-it is the government sanctioned criminals that should be left to die, and not the sheep that failed to scream, back when this all began. The ordinary people that the criminals used to create this monster, ought to be assisted with their survival and not further insulted by this government’s love affair with every criminal-scheme and con-artist that ever tried to buy a vote! There is nothing in this vile legislation that addresses any of the truth, of what must be done to fix the disaster that this government created from their own lust for profits and power in the short-run.
- “REP. DENNIS KUCINICH: This is a copy of the bill which will provide for a $700 billion bailout of Wall Street. It has provisions in it where it talks about helping homeowners, but when you read the fine print, you see it has language like “may” instead of “shall” and “encouraging” instead of “mandating” help for the millions of homeowners who are worried right now about whether they’re going to lose their home. There’s no help for them in this.
- So what we have here is a rescue plan that essentially gives all the speculators a bailout and puts the bad debts in the custody of the government. The president of the Dallas Federal Reserve Bank has said that this plan could create a fiscal chasm, says that the problem isn’t tight monetary policy, it’s the reckless behavior of some of these investors who have now found themselves in a position where a government bailout is going to help reward their bad behavior.” (1)
- The stark reality that is never mentioned anywhere, is that what is called The government here, no longer represents the people of this country.
- So when the government says “this money will be paid back,” meaning that the government will be paid back-the public knows that this means only that the criminals will profit even further and that the dying citizens will not get any of the real assistance that they must have immediately.
- For this “government” to have so clearly misread both the import and the targets of this crisis, while at the same time refusing all input from the public that will be forced to pay trillions for the bailouts of those that are their blood-enemies: This constitutes yet another major-crime against the American public. Yesterday the DOW dropped 777.68! This was the direct result of the public having informed the criminal-co-conspirators in congress that if the congress gives Bush and his co-conspirators what they say they want, then it will be their asses on the line as well as the war- criminals in public office! The badly-wounded public will take the losses rather than commit outright suicide by caving into what Bush says we all MUST do.
- There has never been a greater failure in leadership, in this country, then what this collection of criminals and felons that Bush has assembled to “represent” the government of the United States has done to the public they supposedly serve. This problem too needs an immediate answer and several possibilities are out there in the wings, just waiting to be recognized. However since none of the triad in these ‘negotiations’ believes that any particulars in this GIVEAWAY should be shared, with the general public, then this legislation will continue to be rejected. The money being
- stolen here belongs to the taxpayers, not to Goldman-Sachs and this theft is ostensibly being done in the public’s name without offering the ‘public’ even any crumbs from the sumptuous table of our self- appointed owners.
- What happened yesterday Mr. Bush, while you were slouching in your chair, in disheveled disarray, was that the public finally found a way to tell you and your buddies to go straight to Hell-that is real politics in action!
- What is at stake here is who and what will be left standing after this outrage runs its course, I’m betting it will be the people themselves, and not that band of commercial-mercenaries that have claimed title to everything that all the rest of us have had to earn!
- The sheep are getting restless, just as the new crop of replacements to continue this unholy Empire are trying to run for office-the timing of this collapse was intended to instill fear and doubt-but all this has really done is to show the public what “government of, by, and for the corporations” really looks like when things get up-close and personal!
Monthly Archives: September 2008
September 30, 2008
In his Communist Manifesto, published in 1848, Karl Marx proposed 10 measures to be implemented after the proletariat takes power, with the aim of centralizing all instruments of production in the hands of the state. Proposal Number Five was to bring about the “centralization of credit in the banks of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.”
If he were to rise from the dead today, Marx might be delighted to discover that most economists and financial commentators, including many who claim to favour the free market, agree with him.
Indeed, analysts at the Heritage and Cato Institute, and commentators in The Wall Street Journal and on this very page, have made declarations in favour of the massive “injection of liquidities” engineered by central banks in recent months, the government takeover of giant financial institutions, as well as the still stalled US$700-billion bailout package.
Some of the same voices were calling for similar interventions following the burst of the dot-com bubble in 2001.
“Whatever happened to the modern followers of my free-market opponents?” Marx would likely wonder.
At first glance, anyone who understands economics can see that there is something wrong with this picture. The taxes that will need to be levied to finance this package may keep some firms alive, but they will siphon off capital, kill jobs and make businesses less productive elsewhere. Increasing the money supply is no different. It is an invisible tax that redistributes resources to debtors and those who made unwise investments.
September 30, 2008
In one frenzied month Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke remade Wall Street. Along the way they may also have recast American politics. A month of historic government interventions shows signs of triggering a political version of climate change – unleashing a new era of class fury that could hurt U.S. companies, business leaders, and wealthy investors for years.
“A potential calamity,” predicts Democratic pollster Doug Schoen. “If the reactions we’re seeing hold, we could have real spasmodic anger directed at businesses and corporations.” And the timing will have consequences, says financier and onetime GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney: “Unfortunately, politicians have seized on the politics of envy,” he told Fortune, “and they are stoking it this election year like I’ve never seen in my lifetime.”
Compared to this, Enron was a warm-up exercise. For all the public outrage over accounting scandals seven years ago, the result in Washington was limited to a financial reporting rule that most Americans have never heard of (though many in the business community still consider Sarbanes-Oxley a destructive overreaction).
By contrast, the implosion of Wall Street, followed by Paulson’s escalating series of multibillion-dollar rescues, has fired up populist sentiments that were already building in American politics, promising to reshape legislative battles over everything from tax and trade policies to federal regulation. Union leaders like the AFL-CIO’s John Sweeney suddenly sound as if they’re in the mainstream of public opinion with statements like this: “One thing is certain. No one – no politician, no investment banker, no television commentator, no economist – should be able to say again with a straight face that here in the United States we just let markets do whatever markets do and everything works out for the best.”
September 28, 2008
East Lancashire’s leading public health expert has backed proposals to add fluoride to the region’s drinking water.
Dr Ellis Friedman, director of public health for NHS East Lancashire, said it would be unethical not to add the controversial mineral to supplies, as it had been shown as the most effective way of dramatically improving dental health.
Primary care trusts and councils have been asked by the strategic health authority NHS North West to consider further investigation of fluoridation, and NHS East Lancashire backed plans for a widespread consultation on the issue.
A scheme which would cover East Lancashire along with the rest of the North West would cost up to £102 million, and up to £6.4 million in annual running costs.
Anti-fluoride campaigners, who claim the additive can cause serious damage to teeth, said they feared any consultation would be biased towards the pro-fluoride side.
Consultations with doctors, dentists and the public look set to begin within months, and some local councils including Hyndburn and Pendle have already registered their opposition to fluoride.
Dr Friedman made his support clear at the trust’s board meeting on Thursday, where directors had given speakers from both sides of the argument 10 minutes each to make their cases, before voting on whether to back a full consultation on the issue.
He said: “Fluoridation of the water at a population level is much more effective than any other mechanism for improving the dental health of deprived people, and therefore you have to ask whether it is ethical to withhold this effective treatment from the population.
“In principle I am in favour and see no reason not to proceed with it.”
His comments were echoed by Sheila Jones, of the British Fluoridation Society, representing supporters of the scheme. She said the additive had led to a 19 per cent fall in young children with cavities after being introduced in the West Midlands in the 1970s.
But Doug Cross, of UK Councils against Fluoridation, said putting the additive in water meant mass, unregulated medication that he understood to be illegal under European medicines law.
September 30, 2008
NAIROBI, Kenya — The U.S. Africa Command, the Pentagon’s first effort to unite its counterterrorism, training and humanitarian operations on the continent, launches Wednesday amid questions at home about its mission and deep suspicions in Africa about its intentions. U.S. officials have billed the new command, known as Africom, as a sign of Africa’s strategic importance, but many in Africa see it as an unwelcome expansion of the U.S.-led war on terrorism and a bid to secure greater access to the continent’s vast oil resources. Several countries have refused to host the command, and officials say Africom will be based in Stuttgart, Germany, for the foreseeable future.
U.S.-based aid groups and some in Congress have expressed worries that Africom will tilt U.S policy in Africa away from democracy-building and economic development and toward security objectives such as stemming the growth of militant Islamist groups in Somalia and North Africa, some of which have ties to al Qaida.
U.S. covert operations in Somalia and elsewhere have fueled the controversy. In late 2006, the U.S. military provided intelligence to help Ethiopia topple a fundamentalist Islamic regime in Somalia, an invasion that’s fueled a violent Islamist insurgency.
U.S. forces have since launched several strikes on suspected terrorist targets in Somalia. While one of the strikes killed a top militant commander, Aden Hashi Ayro, in May, Somalis say the attacks also killed and badly wounded civilians.
Underlining the skepticism in Washington, the House of Representatives voted last week to provide $266 million to fund Africom’s first year of operations — $123 million less than President Bush had requested. The House Appropriations Committee said the reduction was due partly to “the failure to establish an Africom presence on the continent.”
The fledgling command’s image problem, at home and abroad, is cause for concern because of Africa’s growing importance to the United States.
The Department of Energy says that 17 percent of U.S. crude oil imports now come from Africa, more than the U.S. gets from Persian Gulf countries. But rising powers such as China have strengthened their ties with Africa and become a powerful counterweight to American influence.
Pentagon officials reject claims that Africom is about oil or China, but those perceptions remain strong in Africa.
“Obviously the U.S. is concerned about China’s influence, security, oil, counterterrorism, hunting down al Qaida suspects,” said Erin Weir of Refugees International, a Washington-based advocacy group that’s opposed Africom. “Africans read the newspaper just the same as we do, and they know what drives U.S. interests now.”
Times of India
September 30, 2008
NEW YORK: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari secretly met the director of America’s Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Michael Hayden on his recent US visit, a media report said on Monday.
Details of the meeting were not given but a regular columnist of the New York Times reported that Zardari has replaced heads of three directorates of the Pakistani intelligence agency ISI.
Zardari said Pakistan’s new government will confront the Taliban militants, to “free the country” from their hold.
“It is my decision that we will go after them (Taliban insurgents), we will free this country,” he told Roger Cohen in an interview. “Yes, this is my first priority because I will have no country otherwise. I will be president of what?”
The article said Zardari also spoke for “genuine conciliation” with India and Afghanistan, which is essential to the region’s stability.
Asked if the assassination of his wife motivated him to confront Islamic militancy, he replied in the affirmative, but said he intends to fight the Taliban insurgents because they were a “cancer” to the society.
“I will fight them because they are a cancer to my society, not because of my wife only, but because they are a cancer, yes, and they did kill the mother of my children, so their way of life is what I want to kill; I will suck the oxygen out of their system so there will be no Talibs,” he was quoted as saying.
September 28, 2008
Back in the day, kids dressed up like monsters, super heroes, or the Hulk… now they dress up like minions of the NWO as they go door to door and trick or treat.
I guess it’s all part of getting the little ones accustomed to the police state, now barreling down on us like a runaway freight train. It’s also a good way to prepare them for the jobs of the future.
I didn’t see a prison guard uniform, although there is one for a prisoner.
Maybe next year…
|Images from Celebrate Express, Inc. catalog|
September 30, 2008
Osama bin Laden was a few decades late. “We are continuing this policy in bleeding America to the point of bankruptcy. Allah willing, and nothing is too great for Allah,” bin Laden declared from the grave back in 2004, or rather from the video studios of the CIA. According to Osama, the “real loser is… the American people and their economy.”
|Back in 2004, they dragged out Osama and ascribed blame. Now as the banker engineered destruction of America is approaching terminal velocity, they may blame the dead nemesis again.|
Over the last few weeks, like victims of a drive-by shooting, we have witnessed the ongoing process of this bankruptcy as it now reaches terminal velocity.
The Evil and Elusive One may have taken credit for wrecking the economy and thus taking down the U.S. government, but in fact this process began when the government was dissolved on March 9, 1933 by the Emergency Banking Act. On June 5, 1933, the 73rd Congress passed a joint resolution to suspend the gold standard and abrogate the gold clause and thus dissolved the sovereign authority of the United States and the official capacities of all United States governmental offices, officers, and departments. Since that fateful day, the U.S. government has existed in name only.
Before Democrat James Traficant was thrown in prison, he said:
The receivers of the United States Bankruptcy are the International Bankers, via the United Nations, the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund. All United States Offices, Officials, and Departments are now operating within a de facto status in name only under Emergency War Powers. With the Constitutional Republican form of Government now dissolved, the receivers of the Bankruptcy have adopted a new form of government for the United States. This new form of government is known as a Democracy, being an established Socialist/Communist order under a new governor for America. This act was instituted and established by transferring and/or placing the Office of the Secretary of Treasury to that of the Governor of the International Monetary Fund.
In other words, Hank Paulson, former chairman of Goldman Sachs, takes his marching orders from the World Bank, the IMF, and the international bankers. The banker bailout that supposedly went down in flames the other day — soon to rise cosmetically modified like Phoenix from the ashes — will eventually herald the next phase of the takedown: privatization. Bankers have engineered the crushing federal deficit and will use it as a truncheon to usher in wholesale privatization of social security, medicare, prisons, schools, water, the Federal Aviation Administration, Amtrak, welfare services, public power utilities, the federal postal service, etc., on and on.
How to best accomplish this? Get us all in hock up to our eyebrows. The banker bailout plan — coupled with the massive price tag of the neocon invasions and occupations — will do this magnificently. Now they want to add a “New Deal” to this staggering debt. It’s a New Deal for the bankers, a New Serfdom for the rest of us.
“Like any other debtor, the federal United States government had to assign collateral and security to their creditors as a condition of the loan,” explains Traficant. “Since the federal United States didn’t have any assets, they assigned the private property of their ‘economic slaves’, the U.S. citizens as collateral against the un-payable federal debt. They also pledged the unincorporated federal territories, national parks forests, birth certificates, and nonprofit organizations, as collateral against the federal debt. All has already been transferred as payment to the international bankers.”
It’s a feudal system engineered by the international bankers and their instruments — the IMF, the World Bank, Bank for International Settlements, and the Federal Reserve System.
Thomas Jefferson’s admonition is coming true: “If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.”
It is a sick joke they dragged out the dead CIA sock puppet, Osama bin Laden, and ascribed blame to him and al-Qaeda. Chances are they will blame him again before it is all over.
Tuesday, Sept 30, 2008
Former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura is to host a new investigative series for television channel TruTV which promises to look into different “conspiracy theories” and weigh up their validity.
Ventura will reveal details of the upcoming series in an exclusive appearance on the Alex Jones show tomorrow (Wednesday 1st October).
A press release posted via PRNewswire states:
Jesse Ventura, a man who has lived a dangerous life, is about to explore mysteries behind the most compelling modern day conspiracy theories for truTV. Production of a pilot featuring Ventura begins in October. The project comes to truTV from A. Smith & Co. Productions.
[...] Ventura will hunt down answers, plunging viewers into a world of secret meetings, midnight surveillance, shifty characters and dark forces.
Ventura first appeared on the Alex Jones show earlier in the year to reveal his questions and concerns over the official government version of events surrounding the 9/11 attacks.
Since that time the former Navy Seal has been extremely vocal in his support for the 9/11 Truth Movement. Ventura spoke passionately on the subject in front of 10,000 strong and millions watching on C-Span during an appearance at Ron Paul’s Rally For The Republic last month.
During his last appearance on the Alex Jones show this July, Ventura hit out at a now entrenched culture that “cannot handle the truth” when it comes to the events of 9/11, the war in Iraq, the devastation that has been wrought on the economy and the “failed political leadership” of the last eight years.
TruTv currently reaches 91 million U.S. households, meaning Ventura will potentially reach millions of viewers who are not already aware of his views and the movements he has associated himself with.
Tune in to the Alex Jones show tomorrow to hear more details about the series from Ventura himself.
UPDATE: Alex Jones himself was approached with a concept-in development for a similar series, which was tentatively titled ‘American Conspiracy.’ Here is the exciting promo trailer that was made for the series:
- Congressman Michael C. Burgess, MD
- WASHINGTON, DC — Under the martial law procedure, long-standing House rules that require at least one day between the unveiling of significant legislation and the House floor vote on that legislation so that Members can learn what they are being asked to vote on are swept away.
- Instead, under “martial law,” the Leadership can file legislation with tens or hundreds of pages of fine print and move immediately to debate and votes on it, before Members of Congress, the media, or the public have an opportunity to understand fully what provisions have been altered or inserted into the legislation behind closed doors. This is the procedure that the Leadership intends to use to muscle through important bills in the next two days.